Photoshop 6.01 crasht beim Start

Dieses Thema im Forum "Software" wurde erstellt von jaycokes, 16. Oktober 2001.

1. jaycokes

jaycokes New Member

yo all,
    I experience an annoying bug, and after hours of testing I finally got no idea anymore.

every time I start up PS6.01 on that G4/450/OS9.2.1 (fresh OS and update; fresh PS6 installation updated to 6.01; HD norton-checked/defragmented; deleted invisible non-OS-files from PS-scratch-partition; no non-OS-fonts; all fonts OK) PS is crashing at different positions of the start-sequence, mostly right before displaying menubar/windows. you can bet on it, it happens every time, EXCEPT:

- I boot with extensions disabled
    - I start up ImageReady, quit, then start up PS (helps sometimes)

I already did every common workaround that came to my mind (see above), even PRAM-zap, desktop-rebuild, deleted PS-prefs, reinstalled PS, deleted "Adobefnt.lst"-files (documented bug on adobes-site)...

so, I thought it must have sth to do with any system-extension. I disabled everything except the definite minimum, and it worked! I reactivated ColorSync since I thought this was the badboy, and it crashed again. already happy over isolation the problem, I deactivated CS again, rebooted (w min ext, w/o CS), and it is crashing again...

-- an important addition: the behaviour of PS was the same under 9.1 before. I updated to 9.21, thinking this might fix it. so, it would be no help to downgrade, at least not to 9.1.

has somebody ANY IDEA what else I could try?

thank you so much in advance,
    *Jay

2. Convenant

Convenant Haarfestiger

Sorry, no idea... You´ve done anything i would have done :-(

3. jaycokes

jaycokes New Member

yo all,
    I experience an annoying bug, and after hours of testing I finally got no idea anymore.

every time I start up PS6.01 on that G4/450/OS9.2.1 (fresh OS and update; fresh PS6 installation updated to 6.01; HD norton-checked/defragmented; deleted invisible non-OS-files from PS-scratch-partition; no non-OS-fonts; all fonts OK) PS is crashing at different positions of the start-sequence, mostly right before displaying menubar/windows. you can bet on it, it happens every time, EXCEPT:

I already did every common workaround that came to my mind (see above), even PRAM-zap, desktop-rebuild, deleted PS-prefs, reinstalled PS, deleted "Adobefnt.lst"-files (documented bug on adobes-site)...

so, I thought it must have sth to do with any system-extension. I disabled everything except the definite minimum, and it worked! I reactivated ColorSync since I thought this was the badboy, and it crashed again. already happy over isolation the problem, I deactivated CS again, rebooted (w min ext, w/o CS), and it is crashing again...

-- an important addition: the behaviour of PS was the same under 9.1 before. I updated to 9.21, thinking this might fix it. so, it would be no help to downgrade, at least not to 9.1.

*Jay

4. Convenant

Convenant Haarfestiger

5. jaycokes

jaycokes New Member

yo all,

*Jay

6. Convenant

Convenant Haarfestiger

7. jaycokes

jaycokes New Member

yo all,

*Jay

8. Convenant

Convenant Haarfestiger

Diese Seite empfehlen