Problem: Zyxel omni.net USB ISDN Modem

Dieses Thema im Forum "Software" wurde erstellt von NorleyS, 4. Oktober 2001.

1. NorleyS

NorleyS New Member

ve just had ISDN installed and have a Zyxel omni.net USB ISDN "modem". On my PB G3 running OS 9.1 everything works fine but on my old PowerMac (200 Mhz, 603e chip) with OS 8.6 and a PCI USB card I can connect but as soon as I start accessing a web site (using IE 5.0 or Navigator 4.7) I lose the connection (usually with the message "try +++ escape call clearing"). The fact that I occasionally succeed in downloading one (non-cached) page indicates that the software and hardware can work, for a minute or two at least. The USB card works fine with a CD burner and scanner. I can't upgrade the PM200 to OS 9 because that came bundled with the PB G3 and is machine specific. Anybody know a fix?? Thanks!!

2. sevenm

sevenm New Member

t really know a fix for your problem, but I'd suggest you do upgrade to OS 9. Actually I think upgrading with that PB G3 Software Kit should work fine even though it is somewhat specific for the Powerbook.

greets,

Seven

3. Manfred

Manfred New Member

Vielleicht löst ein Download des richtigen Treibers dein Problem.
    8.6 benötigt wahrscheinlich andere Treiber als 9.1
    Folge unter
    http://www.zyxel.de
    den Links "Support" - "Treiber & Firmware"

so long
    Manfred

4. NorleyS

NorleyS New Member

ll try the PB software upgrade but have a feeling that I tried it before without success. Maybe it's time for me to buy OS X.1 for my PB which, I presume, will allow me to install 9.1 on my old mac.

5. NorleyS

NorleyS New Member

Thanks for the advice. I have the most recent drivers from Zyxel (I think) but maybe I should try some of the earlier versions.

6. NorleyS

NorleyS New Member

ve just had ISDN installed and have a Zyxel omni.net USB ISDN "modem". On my PB G3 running OS 9.1 everything works fine but on my old PowerMac (200 Mhz, 603e chip) with OS 8.6 and a PCI USB card I can connect but as soon as I start accessing a web site (using IE 5.0 or Navigator 4.7) I lose the connection (usually with the message "try +++ escape call clearing"). The fact that I occasionally succeed in downloading one (non-cached) page indicates that the software and hardware can work, for a minute or two at least. The USB card works fine with a CD burner and scanner. I can't upgrade the PM200 to OS 9 because that came bundled with the PB G3 and is machine specific. Anybody know a fix?? Thanks!!

7. sevenm

sevenm New Member

t really know a fix for your problem, but I'd suggest you do upgrade to OS 9. Actually I think upgrading with that PB G3 Software Kit should work fine even though it is somewhat specific for the Powerbook.

greets,

Seven

8. Manfred

Manfred New Member

Vielleicht löst ein Download des richtigen Treibers dein Problem.
    8.6 benötigt wahrscheinlich andere Treiber als 9.1
    Folge unter
    http://www.zyxel.de
    den Links "Support" - "Treiber & Firmware"

so long
    Manfred

9. NorleyS

NorleyS New Member

ll try the PB software upgrade but have a feeling that I tried it before without success. Maybe it's time for me to buy OS X.1 for my PB which, I presume, will allow me to install 9.1 on my old mac.

10. NorleyS

NorleyS New Member

Thanks for the advice. I have the most recent drivers from Zyxel (I think) but maybe I should try some of the earlier versions.

Diese Seite empfehlen