Windows-Emulation auf G5!!!

Dieses Thema im Forum "Software" wurde erstellt von Macci, 20. Februar 2004.

1. Macci

Macci ausgewandert.

"Discontinued SoftWindows, RealPC, work in Classic. February 19, 2004 -- In response to some of the problems with Virtual PC, a couple of readers recommending turning to some old, discontinued emulators from FWB Software (and Insignia Solutions before that). SoftWindows and Real PC are pre-OS X applications, but do run in Classic.

Gary Sammons was frustrated with Virtual PC's inability to run on G5 Macs:

If G5 owners want PC capability on their computers before Virtual PC 7.0 they can achieve it via SoftWindows 98 Version 5.1 from FWB. I bought a copy for $50 on Ebay. It is usually available every few weeks.

It takes a little work and you need an external hard drive that will boot off another Mac, preferably a G4 of some sort. What I did was boot my G4 off a Smartdisk Firelite 60gig (in OS 9.2) and installed SoftWindows on the Firelite. Then I hooked up the Firelite to my G5 (discontinued 1.8 single processor) and changed the boot partition on the G5 (Classic boot up) to the FIrelite and it works.

I am an appraiser and need to transfer pictures between the Mac and PC; SoftWindows or Virtual PC handles the conversion between PICT and JPG automatically during the copy and paste.

Internet also works .I didn't do any further testing. I use Microsoft's RDC (remote desktop control) to take care of the rest of my PC to Mac needs...(on the G5) I also use Virtual PC 6.0 on my G4, running in OS 9.2.

A. V. Pawlowski overcomes the VPC/Panther slowdown problem by running RealPC in Classic:

I wonder why my old RealPC/Win98, running under OS X 10.3.2 Classic, runs so much faster than VPC 6.1.1/Win98 on the same machine; it seems like twice as fast, at least. I may go back to it (as long as it runs), even though it has a few less features and has been discontinued."

www.macwindows.com

2. petervogel

petervogel Active Member

bei so viel aufwand frage ich mich immer, warum die sich nicht einen gebrauchten PC neben den mac stellen?

3. Macci

Macci ausgewandert.

Vielleicht alles Innenarchitekten ? ;)

4. Macci

Macci ausgewandert.

5. ks23

ks23 Ohne Lobby

Vielleicht einfach nur keinen Bock auf ne hässliche Kiste hat ;)

Gruss
    Kalle

P.S. Ich will kein PC mehr und wenn ich mir überlege wie lange so ne Installation dauert und die vielen Komplikationen... beim m Mac zieh ich einfach das Image von der CD auf die HD ;)

6. Macci

Macci ausgewandert.

"Discontinued SoftWindows, RealPC, work in Classic. February 19, 2004 -- In response to some of the problems with Virtual PC, a couple of readers recommending turning to some old, discontinued emulators from FWB Software (and Insignia Solutions before that). SoftWindows and Real PC are pre-OS X applications, but do run in Classic.

Gary Sammons was frustrated with Virtual PC's inability to run on G5 Macs:

If G5 owners want PC capability on their computers before Virtual PC 7.0 they can achieve it via SoftWindows 98 Version 5.1 from FWB. I bought a copy for $50 on Ebay. It is usually available every few weeks.

It takes a little work and you need an external hard drive that will boot off another Mac, preferably a G4 of some sort. What I did was boot my G4 off a Smartdisk Firelite 60gig (in OS 9.2) and installed SoftWindows on the Firelite. Then I hooked up the Firelite to my G5 (discontinued 1.8 single processor) and changed the boot partition on the G5 (Classic boot up) to the FIrelite and it works.

I am an appraiser and need to transfer pictures between the Mac and PC; SoftWindows or Virtual PC handles the conversion between PICT and JPG automatically during the copy and paste.

Internet also works .I didn't do any further testing. I use Microsoft's RDC (remote desktop control) to take care of the rest of my PC to Mac needs...(on the G5) I also use Virtual PC 6.0 on my G4, running in OS 9.2.

A. V. Pawlowski overcomes the VPC/Panther slowdown problem by running RealPC in Classic:

I wonder why my old RealPC/Win98, running under OS X 10.3.2 Classic, runs so much faster than VPC 6.1.1/Win98 on the same machine; it seems like twice as fast, at least. I may go back to it (as long as it runs), even though it has a few less features and has been discontinued."

www.macwindows.com

7. petervogel

petervogel Active Member

bei so viel aufwand frage ich mich immer, warum die sich nicht einen gebrauchten PC neben den mac stellen?

8. Macci

Macci ausgewandert.

Vielleicht alles Innenarchitekten ? ;)

9. Macci

Macci ausgewandert.

10. ks23

ks23 Ohne Lobby

Vielleicht einfach nur keinen Bock auf ne hässliche Kiste hat ;)

Gruss
    Kalle

P.S. Ich will kein PC mehr und wenn ich mir überlege wie lange so ne Installation dauert und die vielen Komplikationen... beim m Mac zieh ich einfach das Image von der CD auf die HD ;)

Diese Seite empfehlen